Hezbollah says bombing allegations are Israeli smear campaign
BEIRUT (Reuters) - Lebanon's militant Islamist Hezbollah movement on Wednesday dismissed Bulgaria's accusation that it had carried out a bomb attack that killed five Israelis last year, saying it was part of an Israeli smear campaign.
Deputy Hezbollah leader Naim Qassem said the accusation was part of "allegations and incitements and accusations against Hezbollah" pursued by Israel after it had failed to defeat Hezbollah militarily.
"All these accusations against Hezbollah will have no effect, and do not change the facts," Qassem said. "We will not submit to these pressures and we will not change our priorities. Our compass will remain directed towards Israel."
(Reporting by Laila Bassam; Editing by Kevin Liffey)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- UK's Lloyds says case strengthened for re-starting dividends
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |
- Insight - European regulators training sights on Google's mobile software
- Balfour Beatty ends merger talks with Carillion