Twitter acquires social TV analytics company Bluefin Labs
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Twitter Inc said on Tuesday it has agreed to acquire advertising analytics company Bluefin Labs.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Twitter Chief Operating Officer Ali Rowghani said in a blog post announcing the deal: "Bluefin's data science capabilities and social TV expertise will help us create innovative new ad products and consumer experiences in the exciting intersection of Twitter and TV."
The deal was reported first by Business Insider.
In the past year the privately held microblogging service has made the integration of Twitter and television the centerpiece of its growth strategy.
Under Chief Executive Dick Costolo, the company has encouraged marketers to incorporate Twitter "hashtags" into their TV ads to generate online chatter, while also nudging its 200 million monthly users to discuss ads that are being aired.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India gets its first transgender TV news anchor - newspaper
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance
- Pope's Albania visit prompts long-awaited facelift for Tirana square
- Salmond says Scots 'tricked' out of independence
- Sierra Leone Ebola burial team attacked despite lockdown |