US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens flat after claims, sales data
NEW YORK Feb 7 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened flat on Thursday after a trend gauge in weekly jobless claims signaled modest economic improvement and retailers posted mixed monthly sales.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 11.06 points, or 0.08 percent, at 13,975.46. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 0.67 point, or 0.04 percent, at 1,511.45. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 1.68 points, or 0.05 percent, at 3,166.80.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Qatar will not host 2022 World Cup, says FIFA's Zwanziger
- U.S., backed by Arabs, launches first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- M&S frees Alan Stewart to take up Tesco CFO role early
- Philips to split off lighting business, form separate company
- Tesco cuts profit outlook again and suspends staff after accounting error |