Administrators to axe 66 HMV stores, 1,000 jobs at risk
LONDON (Reuters) - Administrators at HMV, the music and video retailer which hit the rocks last month, have said 66 loss-making stores will close, putting almost 1,000 jobs at risk.
Deloitte, which was appointed as administrator by HMV after the firm struggled for years against competition from online retailers, supermarkets and download sites, on Thursday said the closures would take place over the next two months.
The group currently operates from 220 stores in the UK and employs around 4,000 people. Deloitte said the affected stores employ 930 staff.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital |
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin red group results
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients