Tunisian police fire teargas to disperse protesters in Tunis
(Reuters) - Tunisian police fired teargas on Thursday to disperse hundreds of people protesting near the Interior Ministry in Tunis against the Wednesday killing of secular opposition leader Chokri Belaid, a Reuters witness said.
Demonstrators were throwing stones and chanting slogans calling on Prime Minister Hamdi Jebali to resign, the witness said.
(Reporting By Tarek Amara; Editing by Pravin Char)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pistorius jailed for five years for killing girlfriend Steenkamp |
- UPDATE 9-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough |
- Total CEO Christophe de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman
- Swedish 'Cold War' thriller exposes Baltic Sea nerves over Russia