Tunisian police fire teargas to disperse protesters in Tunis
(Reuters) - Tunisian police fired teargas on Thursday to disperse hundreds of people protesting near the Interior Ministry in Tunis against the Wednesday killing of secular opposition leader Chokri Belaid, a Reuters witness said.
Demonstrators were throwing stones and chanting slogans calling on Prime Minister Hamdi Jebali to resign, the witness said.
(Reporting By Tarek Amara; Editing by Pravin Char)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Australia, Malaysia vow to keep searching to solve plane mystery
- Search for MH370 reveals a military vulnerability for China
- Man United act to halt slide as power shifts back to Liverpool
- Ukraine's leaders say have U.S. backing to take on 'aggressors' |