US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St extends gains, Nasdaq near 12-year high
NEW YORK Feb 8 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks extended gains on Friday, with the Nasdaq rising 1 percent, putting it within close reach of a 12-year high.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 47.66 points, or 0.34 percent, to 13,991.71. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 7.47 points, or 0.49 percent, to 1,516.86. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 30.23 points, or 0.96 percent, at 3,195.37.
If the Nasdaq rises above 3,196.93, it would be the highest level since November 2000.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exclusive - Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in single Ukraine battle - Russian rights activists
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll
- Iceland lowers volcano alert, says small eruption no threat to aviation
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- Tesco slashes dividend after second profit warning in two months |