US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St extends gains, Nasdaq near 12-year high
NEW YORK Feb 8 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks extended gains on Friday, with the Nasdaq rising 1 percent, putting it within close reach of a 12-year high.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 47.66 points, or 0.34 percent, to 13,991.71. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 7.47 points, or 0.49 percent, to 1,516.86. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 30.23 points, or 0.96 percent, at 3,195.37.
If the Nasdaq rises above 3,196.93, it would be the highest level since November 2000.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Zidane makes mystery man Markkanen his first Madrid signing
- Exclusive - Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. lifts ban on flights to Israel as Gaza toll tops 700 |
- Suicide bombs in Nigeria's Kaduna kill 82, ex-leader Buhari targeted |