US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St extends gains, Nasdaq near 12-year high
NEW YORK Feb 8 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks extended gains on Friday, with the Nasdaq rising 1 percent, putting it within close reach of a 12-year high.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 47.66 points, or 0.34 percent, to 13,991.71. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 7.47 points, or 0.49 percent, to 1,516.86. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 30.23 points, or 0.96 percent, at 3,195.37.
If the Nasdaq rises above 3,196.93, it would be the highest level since November 2000.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Sweden says credible reports of foreign submarine in its waters
- EU's Barroso to Britain - Don't alienate your friends in Europe
- Lufthansa cancels flights due to pilots strike; train stoppage strands millions |
- Fiercest fighting in days hits Syrian border town |
- Hong Kong crisis deepens after weekend clashes, talks set for Tuesday |