US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St extends gains, Nasdaq near 12-year high
NEW YORK Feb 8 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks extended gains on Friday, with the Nasdaq rising 1 percent, putting it within close reach of a 12-year high.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 47.66 points, or 0.34 percent, to 13,991.71. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 7.47 points, or 0.49 percent, to 1,516.86. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 30.23 points, or 0.96 percent, at 3,195.37.
If the Nasdaq rises above 3,196.93, it would be the highest level since November 2000.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Paris Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Kurds' battle for Kobani unites a people divided by borders
- RBS takes 400 million pound forex hit and warns more to come
- British banks buoyed by new rules on risk buffers
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows |