US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall Street rises, Nasdaq at 12-year closing high
NEW YORK Feb 8 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks climbed on Friday, pushing the Nasdaq to a 12-year closing high and the S&P 500 index to a five-year high as stronger trade data lifted optimism.
The Dow Jones industrial average unofficially ended up 48.92 points, or 0.35 percent, at 13,992.97. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 8.53 points, or 0.57 percent, to 1,517.92. The Nasdaq Composite Index climbed 28.74 points, or 0.91 percent, to 3,193.87.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- No Russia-Ukraine gas deal at EU talks; Moscow queries finances |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin white group results
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Islamic State advances against Yazidis on Iraq's Sinjar mountain |
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports