US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall Street rises, Nasdaq at 12-year closing high
NEW YORK Feb 8 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks climbed on Friday, pushing the Nasdaq to a 12-year closing high and the S&P 500 index to a five-year high as stronger trade data lifted optimism.
The Dow Jones industrial average unofficially ended up 48.92 points, or 0.35 percent, at 13,992.97. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 8.53 points, or 0.57 percent, to 1,517.92. The Nasdaq Composite Index climbed 28.74 points, or 0.91 percent, to 3,193.87.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
- UPDATE 6-Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
- Child abuse revelations divide "most shameful town in Britain"
- UK's fate in the balance as poll shows record support for Scottish independence
- Ukraine rebels say they are poised to recapture Donetsk airport |