US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens lower as market takes a breather
NEW YORK Feb 11 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened slightly lower as the market took a breather with the S&P 500 index near a record high, while low volume could make trading volatile and exaggerate moves.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 23.46 points, or 0.17 percent, at 13,969.51. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 1.99 points, or 0.13 percent, at 1,515.94. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 1.86 points, or 0.06 percent, at 3,192.01.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast - source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack - sources |
- High-profile British rail union leader Bob Crow dies
- Insight - Scotland's Salmond talks independence, but plays politics
- Ukraine forms new defence force, seeks Western help |