US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens lower as market takes a breather
NEW YORK Feb 11 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened slightly lower as the market took a breather with the S&P 500 index near a record high, while low volume could make trading volatile and exaggerate moves.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 23.46 points, or 0.17 percent, at 13,969.51. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 1.99 points, or 0.13 percent, at 1,515.94. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 1.86 points, or 0.06 percent, at 3,192.01.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hague court orders Russia to pay $50 billion in Yukos case
- Gaza fighting flares, Netanyahu and U.N. chief spar on truce terms |
- Russia, Germany up diplomatic battle over Ukraine sanctions
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine
- Ukraine claims more territory as fight intensifies with rebels