EADS unit could face FBI probe over Saudi deal - report
PARIS (Reuters) - The FBI is investigating allegations of corruption involving a British unit of aerospace group EADS EAD.PA over a contract in Saudi Arabia for the UK's Ministy of Defence, the Financial Times said on Monday.
U.S. authorities have yet to decide whether to launch an investigation against the unit, GPT Special Management Systems, the paper said.
A spokesman for EADS said the company had not been contacted by the FBI.
The newspaper said the FBI had interviewed a witness and acquired documents in connection with allegations that GPT, which sells communication equipment to the Saudi National Guard through the UK defence ministry, bribed Saudi officials.
(Reporting by Elena Berton and Alexandre Boksenbaum-Granier; Editing by Greg Mahlich)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exclusive - Apple, Google agree to pay over $300 million to settle conspiracy lawsuit
- Brazilian Congress passes Internet bill of rights
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Moyes left all at sea by scale of United job, says former coach
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels; Russia starts drill near border |