EADS unit could face FBI probe over Saudi deal - report
PARIS (Reuters) - The FBI is investigating allegations of corruption involving a British unit of aerospace group EADS (EAD.PA) over a contract in Saudi Arabia for the UK's Ministy of Defence, the Financial Times said on Monday.
U.S. authorities have yet to decide whether to launch an investigation against the unit, GPT Special Management Systems, the paper said.
A spokesman for EADS said the company had not been contacted by the FBI.
The newspaper said the FBI had interviewed a witness and acquired documents in connection with allegations that GPT, which sells communication equipment to the Saudi National Guard through the UK defence ministry, bribed Saudi officials.
(Reporting by Elena Berton and Alexandre Boksenbaum-Granier; Editing by Greg Mahlich)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UK economy set for fastest growth in seven years in 2014 - BCC
- Ex-Kaupthing bankers convicted of abuses related to Qatari investment
- Mandela signer hits back: I'm sign language champion
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Wenger frustrated at Arsenal's failure to seal top spot