Nikkei rises on yen's weakness, moving closer to 33-month high
TOKYO Feb 12 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average gained 1.7 percent on Tuesday as exporters rose on a weaker yen after a U.S. Treasury official said the Washington supports Japan's efforts to end deflation and re-invigorate growth.
The index rose to 11,346.72, moving closer to a 33-month high of 11,498.42 struck last Wednesday.
The broader Topix gained 1.5 percent to 971.36.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack - sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Exclusive - Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Voters more receptive to UKIP than polls show - study
- El Salvador ex-rebel's lead 'irreversible,' rival wants recount