Nikkei rises on yen's weakness, moving closer to 33-month high
TOKYO Feb 12 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average gained 1.7 percent on Tuesday as exporters rose on a weaker yen after a U.S. Treasury official said the Washington supports Japan's efforts to end deflation and re-invigorate growth.
The index rose to 11,346.72, moving closer to a 33-month high of 11,498.42 struck last Wednesday.
The broader Topix gained 1.5 percent to 971.36.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exclusive - Apple, Google agree to pay over $300 million to settle conspiracy lawsuit
- Brazilian Congress passes Internet bill of rights
- Moyes left all at sea by scale of United job, says former coach
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels; Russia starts drill near border |