Nikkei advances as financials see fat gains, yen soft
TOKYO Feb 12 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average climbed 1.9 percent on Tuesday, boosted by financials after a U.S. Treasury official voiced support for Japan's aggressive policies to combat deflation and bolster growth, prompting the yen to soften.
The benchmark added 215.96 points to 11,369.12, within reach of a 33-month high of 11,498.42 struck last Wednesday. The broader Topix rose 1.2 percent to 968.50.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hurricane-force winds wreak havoc in Britain, head to Europe
- Mexico hospitalizes six suspected of stealing radioactive material
- Aide to North Korean leader's ousted uncle seeks asylum in South - media
- China Rongsheng ghost town reflects shipbuilder's struggle to survive
- U.N., U.S. call for investigations into Thai trafficking of Rohingya