Nikkei advances as financials see fat gains, yen soft
TOKYO Feb 12 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average climbed 1.9 percent on Tuesday, boosted by financials after a U.S. Treasury official voiced support for Japan's aggressive policies to combat deflation and bolster growth, prompting the yen to soften.
The benchmark added 215.96 points to 11,369.12, within reach of a 33-month high of 11,498.42 struck last Wednesday. The broader Topix rose 1.2 percent to 968.50.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Paris Masters men's singles round 3 results
- RBS takes 400 million pound forex hit and warns more to come
- Kurds' battle for Kobani unites a people divided by borders
- British banks buoyed by new rules on risk buffers
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |