Nikkei advances as financials see fat gains, yen soft
TOKYO Feb 12 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average climbed 1.9 percent on Tuesday, boosted by financials after a U.S. Treasury official voiced support for Japan's aggressive policies to combat deflation and bolster growth, prompting the yen to soften.
The benchmark added 215.96 points to 11,369.12, within reach of a 33-month high of 11,498.42 struck last Wednesday. The broader Topix rose 1.2 percent to 968.50.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Former PM Brown sets aside feud to fight Scottish independence
- Business leaders urge Scots to vote against independence
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video
- Talks optimism fades as Ukraine says Russia makes new incursion
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base - social media