NATO says North Korea nuclear test is grave threat to world peace
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - NATO condemned North Korea's nuclear weapon test on Tuesday, calling it an "irresponsible act" that posed a grave threat to world peace.
North Korea's pursuit of weapons of mass destruction represented continued defiance of the U.N. Security Council, the North Atlantic Council, made up of NATO ambassadors, said in a statement.
"This irresponsible act, along with the December missile launch, poses a grave threat to international and regional peace, security and stability," it said, urging North Korea to "cease immediately such provocative actions".
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- Malaysia signals missing plane has crashed; probes false IDs |
- WRAPUP 4-Malaysia signals missing plane has crashed; probes false IDs
- WRAPUP 2-Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs