NATO says North Korea nuclear test is grave threat to world peace
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - NATO condemned North Korea's nuclear weapon test on Tuesday, calling it an "irresponsible act" that posed a grave threat to world peace.
North Korea's pursuit of weapons of mass destruction represented continued defiance of the U.N. Security Council, the North Atlantic Council, made up of NATO ambassadors, said in a statement.
"This irresponsible act, along with the December missile launch, poses a grave threat to international and regional peace, security and stability," it said, urging North Korea to "cease immediately such provocative actions".
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Merkel asks Putin to explain reports of Russian troops in Ukraine
- Ukraine leader says Russian forces are in the country as key town falls
- Ukraine accuses Russia of bringing in troops
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Business leaders urge Scots to vote against independence