NATO says North Korea nuclear test is grave threat to world peace
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - NATO condemned North Korea's nuclear weapon test on Tuesday, calling it an "irresponsible act" that posed a grave threat to world peace.
North Korea's pursuit of weapons of mass destruction represented continued defiance of the U.N. Security Council, the North Atlantic Council, made up of NATO ambassadors, said in a statement.
"This irresponsible act, along with the December missile launch, poses a grave threat to international and regional peace, security and stability," it said, urging North Korea to "cease immediately such provocative actions".
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Battle over Scottish independence slightly tightens in new poll
- More than 300 people missing after South Korean ferry sinks - coastguard
- Rivals show force in eastern Ukraine before talks |
- Tesco to step up price cuts as CEO defies pressure to quit |
- Samsung executive says Galaxy S5 to outsell S4, sees second quarter rollout for Tizen phone