NATO says North Korea nuclear test is grave threat to world peace
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - NATO condemned North Korea's nuclear weapon test on Tuesday, calling it an "irresponsible act" that posed a grave threat to world peace.
North Korea's pursuit of weapons of mass destruction represented continued defiance of the U.N. Security Council, the North Atlantic Council, made up of NATO ambassadors, said in a statement.
"This irresponsible act, along with the December missile launch, poses a grave threat to international and regional peace, security and stability," it said, urging North Korea to "cease immediately such provocative actions".
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UK house prices fall for first time in 17 months - Nationwide
- UK economy picks up in second quarter, recovery pace revised higher
- Analysis - Ukraine leader clings to European goal despite Putin
- Arsenal must now beat Galatasaray, says Cazorla
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |