Finmeccanica says operations are continuing as normal
MILAN (Reuters) - Italian aerospace and defence group Finmeccanica said on Tuesday activities were continuing as normal following the arrest of its chairman and chief executive Giuseppe Orsi in a corruption probe.
"Finmeccanica confirms that management activity and the initiatives it has undertaken are continuing in an orderly fashion," the company said in a statement.
Orsi, who has been carrying out asset sales and a tough restructuring to revive the company, was arrested on Tuesday by Italian police in a corruption investigation centred on the sale of helicopters to the Indian government, a judicial source said.
In the statement, Finmeccanica said it expressed "solidarity" with Orsi, adding it was confident in the judicial process.
(Reporting By Danilo Masoni)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Paris Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Kurds' battle for Kobani unites a people divided by borders
- RBS takes 400 million pound forex hit and warns more to come
- British banks buoyed by new rules on risk buffers
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows |