Finmeccanica says operations are continuing as normal
MILAN (Reuters) - Italian aerospace and defence group Finmeccanica said on Tuesday activities were continuing as normal following the arrest of its chairman and chief executive Giuseppe Orsi in a corruption probe.
"Finmeccanica confirms that management activity and the initiatives it has undertaken are continuing in an orderly fashion," the company said in a statement.
Orsi, who has been carrying out asset sales and a tough restructuring to revive the company, was arrested on Tuesday by Italian police in a corruption investigation centred on the sale of helicopters to the Indian government, a judicial source said.
In the statement, Finmeccanica said it expressed "solidarity" with Orsi, adding it was confident in the judicial process.
(Reporting By Danilo Masoni)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- UKIP on course to win second parliamentary seat - poll
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Canada's Harper vows tighter security after Parliament attack |