Finmeccanica says operations are continuing as normal
MILAN (Reuters) - Italian aerospace and defence group Finmeccanica said on Tuesday activities were continuing as normal following the arrest of its chairman and chief executive Giuseppe Orsi in a corruption probe.
"Finmeccanica confirms that management activity and the initiatives it has undertaken are continuing in an orderly fashion," the company said in a statement.
Orsi, who has been carrying out asset sales and a tough restructuring to revive the company, was arrested on Tuesday by Italian police in a corruption investigation centred on the sale of helicopters to the Indian government, a judicial source said.
In the statement, Finmeccanica said it expressed "solidarity" with Orsi, adding it was confident in the judicial process.
(Reporting By Danilo Masoni)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Sweden says credible reports of foreign submarine in its waters
- EU's Barroso to Britain - Don't alienate your friends in Europe
- Lufthansa cancels flights due to pilots strike; train stoppage strands millions |
- Tesco accounting probe finds 'inappropriate behaviour' by staff - reports
- HSBC fall weighs on FTSE as rebound loses steam