Finmeccanica says operations are continuing as normal
MILAN (Reuters) - Italian aerospace and defence group Finmeccanica said on Tuesday activities were continuing as normal following the arrest of its chairman and chief executive Giuseppe Orsi in a corruption probe.
"Finmeccanica confirms that management activity and the initiatives it has undertaken are continuing in an orderly fashion," the company said in a statement.
Orsi, who has been carrying out asset sales and a tough restructuring to revive the company, was arrested on Tuesday by Italian police in a corruption investigation centred on the sale of helicopters to the Indian government, a judicial source said.
In the statement, Finmeccanica said it expressed "solidarity" with Orsi, adding it was confident in the judicial process.
(Reporting By Danilo Masoni)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pro-independence Scots narrow gap to victory ahead of vote - poll
- Kremlin adviser says military strategy to reflect Ukraine crisis, NATO expansion - RIA
- Low-carb diets may beat low-fat options for weight loss, heart health
- Europe drafts emergency energy plan with eye on Russia gas shut-down
- Manchester United top deadline-day big spenders