European shares extend gains, FTSE at 5-year peak
LONDON Feb 13 (Reuters) - European shares extended gains in afternoon trade on Wednesday, bolstered by a strong open on Wall Street and with Britain's FTSE 100 getting a technical push up after breaking above its 2013 highs.
The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 was up 0.5 percent at 1,167.22 points by 1443 GMT.
Britain's FTSE 100 was up 0.6 percent at 6,373.71 points, testing levels not seen since early 2008 and breaking above the previous peak of 6,354.46 set at the end of January.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Yazidis haunted by cries for help as militants bury victims alive
- ECB to begin buying secured debt, bundled loans from mid-month
- Analysis - Financial market storm brewing as 2014 winds down
- Hong Kong police warn protesters against occupying buildings |
- Tesco's 250-million-pound black hole: Who was minding the shop?