Boehner warns automatic US budget cuts will stay without other cuts
WASHINGTON Feb 14 (Reuters) - U.S. House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner said on Thursday broad automatic budget cuts will go into effect next month unless Congress and the White House find other spending cuts and "reforms" to balance the U.S. budget within 10 years.
Some $85 billion in budget cuts, also known as the "sequester," are due to go into effect March 1.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will "boomerang" |
- As Ukraine crisis deepens, Russia's neighbours boost defences
- Britain says Scotland split would put Scottish pensions at risk
- Crimea votes to join Russia, Obama orders sanctions |
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase