Boehner warns automatic US budget cuts will stay without other cuts
WASHINGTON Feb 14 (Reuters) - U.S. House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner said on Thursday broad automatic budget cuts will go into effect next month unless Congress and the White House find other spending cuts and "reforms" to balance the U.S. budget within 10 years.
Some $85 billion in budget cuts, also known as the "sequester," are due to go into effect March 1.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hedging their bets, Ukraine's oligarchs sit above the fray
- Hurricane-force winds wreak havoc in Britain, head to Europe
- South Africans, some fearful, mourn Mandela |
- Standard Chartered says private bank client statements stolen in Singapore
- UPDATE 4-Hurricane-force winds wreak havoc in Britain, head to Europe