US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St declines with slide in Wal-Mart shares
NEW YORK Feb 15 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks headed lower in afternoon trading on Friday as Wal-Mart shares fell following a Bloomberg report of slow February sales for the retailer.
Wal-Mart stock was down 3.1 percent at $68.60 and was the top drag on the Dow.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 47.18 points, or 0.34 percent, at 13,926.21. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 5.73 points, or 0.38 percent, at 1,515.65. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 11.71 points, or 0.37 percent, at 3,186.95.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ukraine says EU to be guarantor in any Russia gas deal
- Rebound in FTSE halted by drop in BT and commodity stocks
- U.S. nurse defies Maine's Ebola quarantine, takes bike ride |
- Shell outpaces peers with profit growth, keeps spending
- Barclays sets aside 500 million pounds for FX fines as profits rise |