Osborne: Don't use currencies for economic warfare
MOSCOW (Reuters) - The chancellor of the exchequer, George Osborne, said on Saturday that the Group of 20 would state its opposition to competitive currency devaluations.
"The G7 made a very clear statement this week. I think you'll see the G20 echo what was said, and say that currencies should not be used as a tool of competitive devaluation," the chancellor of the exchequer told a briefing in Moscow.
"Countries shouldn't make the mistake of the past of using currencies as a tool of economic warfare."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- Exclusive - Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in single Ukraine battle - Russian rights activists
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll