Osborne: Don't use currencies for economic warfare
MOSCOW (Reuters) - The chancellor of the exchequer, George Osborne, said on Saturday that the Group of 20 would state its opposition to competitive currency devaluations.
"The G7 made a very clear statement this week. I think you'll see the G20 echo what was said, and say that currencies should not be used as a tool of competitive devaluation," the chancellor of the exchequer told a briefing in Moscow.
"Countries shouldn't make the mistake of the past of using currencies as a tool of economic warfare."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Battle over Scottish independence slightly tightens in new poll
- Ukraine launches 'gradual' operation, action limited |
- More than 300 people missing after South Korea ferry sinks - coastguard
- Poland: NATO should send troops to east Europe, ignore Russia's objections
- UPDATE 16-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles results