Osborne: Don't use currencies for economic warfare
MOSCOW (Reuters) - The chancellor of the exchequer, George Osborne, said on Saturday that the Group of 20 would state its opposition to competitive currency devaluations.
"The G7 made a very clear statement this week. I think you'll see the G20 echo what was said, and say that currencies should not be used as a tool of competitive devaluation," the chancellor of the exchequer told a briefing in Moscow.
"Countries shouldn't make the mistake of the past of using currencies as a tool of economic warfare."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Germany's Merkel deals blow to UK on EU migration reform - Sunday Times
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Caterham and Marussia to miss next races - Ecclestone