US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens higher on M&A activity
NEW YORK Feb 19 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened slightly higher on Tuesday, putting the S&P 500 on track to extend its seven-week winning streak on increased mergers and acquisitions activity.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 2.69 points, or 0.02 percent, at 13,984.45. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 3.02 points, or 0.20 percent, at 1,522.81. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 5.50 points, or 0.17 percent, at 3,197.53.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UK troops in largest armoured deployment in Eastern Europe for six years
- In class obsessed Britain, tweet of 'white van' man hits nerve
- European Parliament may propose Google break-up in draft resolution
- Aviva in £5.6 billion deal to buy Friends Life after pensions shake-up
- Serbian fan killed in Istanbul Euroleague violence – consul