US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens higher on M&A activity
NEW YORK Feb 19 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened slightly higher on Tuesday, putting the S&P 500 on track to extend its seven-week winning streak on increased mergers and acquisitions activity.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 2.69 points, or 0.02 percent, at 13,984.45. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 3.02 points, or 0.20 percent, at 1,522.81. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 5.50 points, or 0.17 percent, at 3,197.53.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- 'Unfit' defendant in British phone-hacking case dropped from trial
- Ex-Kaupthing bankers convicted of abuses related to Qatari investment
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- UK economy set for fastest growth in seven years in 2014 - BCC