US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens higher on M&A activity
NEW YORK Feb 19 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened slightly higher on Tuesday, putting the S&P 500 on track to extend its seven-week winning streak on increased mergers and acquisitions activity.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 2.69 points, or 0.02 percent, at 13,984.45. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 3.02 points, or 0.20 percent, at 1,522.81. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 5.50 points, or 0.17 percent, at 3,197.53.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles quarterfinals results
- Anger mounts after bodies found trapped inside sunken South Korean ferry |
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Special Report - How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Pope Good Friday service underscores plight of the suffering