US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St ends down sharply after Fed minutes
NEW YORK Feb 20 (Reuters) - The S&P 500 posted its worst daily percentage decline since mid-November on Wednesday after minutes from the U.S. Federal Reserve suggested the central bank may slow or stop buying assets sooner than expected.
Based on the latest available data, the Dow Jones industrial average was down 108.13 points, or 0.77 percent, to end unofficially at 13,927.54. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 18.99 points, or 1.24 percent, at 1,511.95. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 49.19 points, or 1.53 percent, at 3,164.41.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- WRAPUP 8-Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |