US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St extends losses; Nasdaq off 1 pct
NEW YORK Feb 20 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks extended losses on Wednesday following minutes from the U.S. Federal Reserve that suggested the central bank may have to slow or stop buying assets before seeing a pickup in hiring.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 68.54 points, or 0.49 percent, at 13,967.13. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 13.14 points, or 0.86 percent, at 1,517.80. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 33.43 points, or 1.04 percent, at 3,180.16.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Children's corpses in Korean ferry reveal desperate attempts to escape |
- Man United act to halt slide as power shifts back to Liverpool
- Australia vows to keep searching to solve missing Malaysian plane mystery
- Ukraine government says resumes offensive, hopes for more U.S. help |
- Search for MH370 reveals a military vulnerability for China