US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St extends losses; Nasdaq off 1 pct
NEW YORK Feb 20 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks extended losses on Wednesday following minutes from the U.S. Federal Reserve that suggested the central bank may have to slow or stop buying assets before seeing a pickup in hiring.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 68.54 points, or 0.49 percent, at 13,967.13. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 13.14 points, or 0.86 percent, at 1,517.80. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 33.43 points, or 1.04 percent, at 3,180.16.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UK economy picks up in second quarter, recovery pace revised higher
- UK house prices fall for first time in 17 months - Nationwide
- Arsenal must now beat Galatasaray, says Cazorla
- Analysis - Ukraine leader clings to European goal despite Putin
- U.S.-led air strikes pose problem for Assad's moderate foes