US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens lower after jobless data
NEW YORK Feb 21 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened lower on Thursday, extending the previous session's steep decline following a bigger-than-expected rise in weekly jobless claims.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 28.40 points, or 0.20 percent, at 13,899.14. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 5.87 points, or 0.39 percent, at 1,506.08. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 11.90 points, or 0.38 percent, at 3,152.51.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll
- Exclusive - Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in single Ukraine battle - Russian rights activists
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Man charged with attacking British MP on London street