US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens lower after jobless data
NEW YORK Feb 21 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened lower on Thursday, extending the previous session's steep decline following a bigger-than-expected rise in weekly jobless claims.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 28.40 points, or 0.20 percent, at 13,899.14. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 5.87 points, or 0.39 percent, at 1,506.08. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 11.90 points, or 0.38 percent, at 3,152.51.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UK economy picks up in second quarter, recovery pace revised higher
- Arsenal must now beat Galatasaray, says Cazorla
- UK house prices fall for first time in 17 months - Nationwide
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Analysis - Ukraine leader clings to European goal despite Putin