US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens lower after jobless data
NEW YORK Feb 21 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened lower on Thursday, extending the previous session's steep decline following a bigger-than-expected rise in weekly jobless claims.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 28.40 points, or 0.20 percent, at 13,899.14. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 5.87 points, or 0.39 percent, at 1,506.08. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 11.90 points, or 0.38 percent, at 3,152.51.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles quarterfinals results
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Special Report - How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Pope Good Friday service underscores plight of the suffering