Citi Chairman O'Neill not pressing for bank breakup - WSJ
(Reuters) - Citigroup Inc chairman Michael O'Neill is not eager to explore a breakup of the third-largest U.S. bank, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
O'Neill was among a small group of directors who urged Citi to consider the benefits of splitting the bank after the financial crisis.
But he has concluded that breaking up Citigroup doesn't make sense now, given economic and regulatory uncertainty, the Journal quoted the people as saying.
(Reporting by Aman Shah in Bangalore; Editing by Cynthia Osterman)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Putin says Russia not isolated over Ukraine, blames West for frosty ties
- UK troops in largest armoured deployment in Eastern Europe for six years
- India approves $2.6 billion mounted gun purchase - official
- France's Sarkozy wants EU to lose half its powers
- Gasquet to face Federer in Davis Cup singles