Citi Chairman O'Neill not pressing for bank breakup - WSJ
(Reuters) - Citigroup Inc chairman Michael O'Neill is not eager to explore a breakup of the third-largest U.S. bank, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
O'Neill was among a small group of directors who urged Citi to consider the benefits of splitting the bank after the financial crisis.
But he has concluded that breaking up Citigroup doesn't make sense now, given economic and regulatory uncertainty, the Journal quoted the people as saying.
(Reporting by Aman Shah in Bangalore; Editing by Cynthia Osterman)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing Air Algerie plane from Burkina Faso has crashed - Algerian official
- Exclusive - Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Zidane makes mystery man Markkanen his first Madrid signing
- Spain's Swiftair says lost contact with plane en route to Algiers
- At least 15 dead in Israeli shelling of Gaza school - Health Ministry |