Citi Chairman O'Neill not pressing for bank breakup - WSJ
(Reuters) - Citigroup Inc chairman Michael O'Neill is not eager to explore a breakup of the third-largest U.S. bank, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
O'Neill was among a small group of directors who urged Citi to consider the benefits of splitting the bank after the financial crisis.
But he has concluded that breaking up Citigroup doesn't make sense now, given economic and regulatory uncertainty, the Journal quoted the people as saying.
(Reporting by Aman Shah in Bangalore; Editing by Cynthia Osterman)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N.
- Netanyahu, showing seized rockets, says Iran fooling the world