Citi Chairman O'Neill not pressing for bank breakup - WSJ
(Reuters) - Citigroup Inc chairman Michael O'Neill is not eager to explore a breakup of the third-largest U.S. bank, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
O'Neill was among a small group of directors who urged Citi to consider the benefits of splitting the bank after the financial crisis.
But he has concluded that breaking up Citigroup doesn't make sense now, given economic and regulatory uncertainty, the Journal quoted the people as saying.
(Reporting by Aman Shah in Bangalore; Editing by Cynthia Osterman)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp |
- UPDATE 11-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough |
- Swedish 'Cold War' thriller exposes Baltic Sea nerves over Russia
- Total CEO Christophe de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman