Finmeccanica to assuage India concerns over graft allegations - Indian official
MILAN (Reuters) - Italian defence company Finmeccanica (SIFI.MI) will move quickly to assuage Indian concerns over bribery allegations surrounding a 560 million euro ($750 million) helicopter deal, an Indian official with direct knowledge of the matter said on Thursday.
Senior management at the state-owned group met an Indian delegation on Thursday over allegations of corruption connected with their government's purchase of a dozen helicopters.
"A very positive meeting for our side. The company has assured us it will provide all the papers to satisfy our concerns about the allegations... in the shortest possible time," the official told Reuters.
The official said the delegation would attend other meetings with Italian officials on Thursday and Friday.
(Reporting By Danilo Masoni, editing by Lisa Jucca and Stephen Jewkes)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll
- Cameron says he's 'nervous' over Scottish independence vote
- China and Hong Kong poised for showdown over democracy
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- UPDATE 1-Cricket-One Day International England v India scoreboard