Euro is at "quite a good" level - German finance minister
BERLIN (Reuters) - The euro is at a relatively good level against the U.S. dollar, German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said on Thursday, signalling he was happy with the current exchange rate.
Schaeuble said the euro had started its life at around $1.17 and was now trading at about $1.33.
"That is quite a good level," he said at an event with young people, adding that the common currency was more stable than Germany's deutsche mark had been.
(Reporting by Gernot Heller, writing by Madeline Chambers)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Sweden says credible reports of foreign submarine in its waters
- EU's Barroso to Britain - Don't alienate your friends in Europe
- Lufthansa cancels flights due to pilots strike; train stoppage strands millions |
- Tesco accounting probe finds 'inappropriate behaviour' by staff - reports
- HSBC fall weighs on FTSE as rebound loses steam