Euro is at "quite a good" level - German finance minister
BERLIN (Reuters) - The euro is at a relatively good level against the U.S. dollar, German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said on Thursday, signalling he was happy with the current exchange rate.
Schaeuble said the euro had started its life at around $1.17 and was now trading at about $1.33.
"That is quite a good level," he said at an event with young people, adding that the common currency was more stable than Germany's deutsche mark had been.
(Reporting by Gernot Heller, writing by Madeline Chambers)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- Plane with first coffins of Malaysian airliner victims leaves Ukraine |
- Bank of England eyes wage puzzle as it mulls when to raise rates
- Ukraine says pro-Russia rebels shoot down two fighter jets
- Analysis - Watch what markets don't do as world politics turns nasty