Euro is at "quite a good" level - German finance minister
BERLIN (Reuters) - The euro is at a relatively good level against the U.S. dollar, German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said on Thursday, signalling he was happy with the current exchange rate.
Schaeuble said the euro had started its life at around $1.17 and was now trading at about $1.33.
"That is quite a good level," he said at an event with young people, adding that the common currency was more stable than Germany's deutsche mark had been.
(Reporting by Gernot Heller, writing by Madeline Chambers)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Portugal scrambles jets again to intercept Russian bombers
- Europe won't recognise vote in eastern Ukraine, Merkel tells Putin
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- Soldiers vie for power after Burkina Faso president quits |
- Branson to meet Virgin Galactic space team after crash |