U.S. oil group to petition Supreme Court over higher ethanol blend - source
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A leading U.S. oil industry group will petition the Supreme Court to take up a case over the Environmental Protection Agency's approval of higher ethanol blends for older cars, a source said on Thursday.
The American Petroleum Institute will announce the petition in a call on Thursday, the source said.
A U.S. federal appeals court last month denied a request by food and oil groups that it reconsider a decision upholding a federal measure allowing gasoline to be mixed with a higher percentage of ethanol, producing a blend known as E15. The API says that tests show E15 can damage engines.
(Reporting by Timothy Gardner; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Germany's Merkel deals blow to UK on EU migration reform - Sunday Times
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |
- Caterham and Marussia to miss next races - Ecclestone