Canada's OMERS notches 10 pct investment return in 2012
TORONTO Feb 22 (Reuters) - Canadian pension fund OMERS notched a 10.0 percent return on investments in 2012 as its private equity, property and infrastructure portfolios made strong gains, offsetting losses in its investment in Alberta's oil and gas sector.
OMERS, which manages the pension plan for Ontario's public-sector municipal workers and has become a global dealmaker by virtue of its deep pockets, said its net assets grew to C$60.8 billion from C$55.1 billion at the end of 2011.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp |
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough |
- UPDATE 10-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Total CEO Christophe de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman
- Swedish 'Cold War' thriller exposes Baltic Sea nerves over Russia