Egypt parliament election start moved to April 22
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egypt's parliamentary elections, previously scheduled to begin on April 27, have been brought forward to start on April 22, the presidential spokesman said on his Facebook page on Saturday.
Members of Egypt's Coptic Christian minority had criticised the planned timing of the elections because some voting would take place during their Easter holiday.
(Reporting by Alexander Dziadosz; editing by David Stamp)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missouri mom charged for topless hot tub photo with teen daughter
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |
- AstraZeneca to buy Bristol out of diabetes venture for up to $4.1 billion
- South Sudan army says loses town as fighting spreads |