Tesco says to close depot, relocate workers
LONDON (Reuters) - Tesco, Britain's biggest retailer, plans to close a distribution centre near London where 800 people are employed.
The firm said the depot in Harlow, northeast of the capital, was one of its distribution centres being closed following a strategic review.
It said employees would be offered jobs at other Tesco sites or at two new distribution centres in the south of England where it would created 2,000 jobs.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Factbox - Scotland's independence vote: How will the results come?
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife-edge |
- Islamic State releases video it says shows British journalist John Cantlie
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Australian PM says police raids follow threat of beheading |