Tesco says to close depot, relocate workers
LONDON (Reuters) - Tesco, Britain's biggest retailer, plans to close a distribution centre near London where 800 people are employed.
The firm said the depot in Harlow, northeast of the capital, was one of its distribution centres being closed following a strategic review.
It said employees would be offered jobs at other Tesco sites or at two new distribution centres in the south of England where it would created 2,000 jobs.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |
- Bankrupt British loans official resigns, embarrassing PM Cameron
- Special Report - How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Australia sees 'regroup' on Malaysian plane search in a few days |