Tesco says to close depot, relocate workers
LONDON (Reuters) - Tesco, Britain's biggest retailer, plans to close a distribution centre near London where 800 people are employed.
The firm said the depot in Harlow, northeast of the capital, was one of its distribution centres being closed following a strategic review.
It said employees would be offered jobs at other Tesco sites or at two new distribution centres in the south of England where it would created 2,000 jobs.
(Reporting by James Davey and Lorraine Turner; Editing by David Cowell)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Ex-Kaupthing bankers convicted of abuses related to Qatari investment
- 'Unfit' defendant in British phone-hacking case dropped from trial
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- UK economy set for fastest growth in seven years in 2014 - BCC