Tesco says to close depot, relocate workers
LONDON (Reuters) - Tesco, Britain's biggest retailer, plans to close a distribution centre near London where 800 people are employed.
The firm said the depot in Harlow, northeast of the capital, was one of its distribution centres being closed following a strategic review.
It said employees would be offered jobs at other Tesco sites or at two new distribution centres in the south of England where it would created 2,000 jobs.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video
- Germany: Russia sanctions, Ukraine probably contributed to Q2 contraction
- Ukraine's Poroshenko talks tough ahead of meetings with Merkel, Putin
- EBay considering PayPal spinoff - report
- Scottish nationalists seek to broaden independence debate beyond currency