- Actor James Gandolfini, star of 'The Sopranos,' dies in Italy
- Britain to start sale of Lloyds soon, review RBS split |
- British Supreme Court ruling threatens Western sanctions against Iran
- US STOCKS-Wall St drops after Bernanke hints at slowing stimulus
- Sao Paulo, Rio revoke transport fare hikes as protests continue |
Tesco says to close depot, relocate workers
LONDON (Reuters) - Tesco, Britain's biggest retailer, plans to close a distribution centre near London where 800 people are employed.
The firm said the depot in Harlow, northeast of the capital, was one of its distribution centres being closed following a strategic review.
It said employees would be offered jobs at other Tesco sites or at two new distribution centres in the south of England where it would created 2,000 jobs.
(Reporting by James Davey and Lorraine Turner; Editing by David Cowell)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this