Beckham to start for PSG against Marseille in French Cup
PARIS (Reuters) - David Beckham will be in the starting line-up when Paris St Germain take on arch rivals Olympique Marseille in a French Cup last-16 tie on Wednesday, coach Carlo Ancelotti said.
Asked if the former England captain, who made his first appearance as a second-half substitute in the 2-0 home win against OM in Ligue 1 on Sunday, would start at the Parc des Princes, Ancelotti told a news conference on Tuesday: "Yes. In the same (defensive midfielder) role as (Marco) Verratti."
Verratti is suspended for the game.
"(Beckham) is in good condition; he has experience, quality to help us win tomorrow," said Ancelotti. "He can play a whole game."
Beckham, 37, joined as a free agent on January 31.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Taxis, planes and viruses: How deadly Ebola can spread
- Hamas defends Gaza ambush blamed for ending ceasefire |
- Experts recover human remains at Ukraine crash site despite new fighting
- Campaign for an independent Scotland stalls before historic vote
- NATO must change to better repel Russian threat - Cameron