Beckham to start for PSG against Marseille in French Cup
PARIS (Reuters) - David Beckham will be in the starting line-up when Paris St Germain take on arch rivals Olympique Marseille in a French Cup last-16 tie on Wednesday, coach Carlo Ancelotti said.
Asked if the former England captain, who made his first appearance as a second-half substitute in the 2-0 home win against OM in Ligue 1 on Sunday, would start at the Parc des Princes, Ancelotti told a news conference on Tuesday: "Yes. In the same (defensive midfielder) role as (Marco) Verratti."
Verratti is suspended for the game.
"(Beckham) is in good condition; he has experience, quality to help us win tomorrow," said Ancelotti. "He can play a whole game."
Beckham, 37, joined as a free agent on January 31.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UK economy picks up in second quarter, recovery pace revised higher
- Arsenal must now beat Galatasaray, says Cazorla
- UK house prices fall for first time in 17 months - Nationwide
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Analysis - Ukraine leader clings to European goal despite Putin