Beckham to start for PSG against Marseille in French Cup
PARIS (Reuters) - David Beckham will be in the starting line-up when Paris St Germain take on arch rivals Olympique Marseille in a French Cup last-16 tie on Wednesday, coach Carlo Ancelotti said.
Asked if the former England captain, who made his first appearance as a second-half substitute in the 2-0 home win against OM in Ligue 1 on Sunday, would start at the Parc des Princes, Ancelotti told a news conference on Tuesday: "Yes. In the same (defensive midfielder) role as (Marco) Verratti."
Verratti is suspended for the game.
"(Beckham) is in good condition; he has experience, quality to help us win tomorrow," said Ancelotti. "He can play a whole game."
Beckham, 37, joined as a free agent on January 31.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pro-independence Scots narrow gap to victory ahead of vote - poll
- UK's fate in the balance as poll shows record support for Scottish independence
- Kremlin adviser says military strategy to reflect Ukraine crisis, NATO expansion - RIA
- Russian forces strengthening positions in Ukraine - Kiev military
- Child abuse revelations divide "most shameful town in Britain"