Beckham to start for PSG against Marseille in French Cup
PARIS (Reuters) - David Beckham will be in the starting line-up when Paris St Germain take on arch rivals Olympique Marseille in a French Cup last-16 tie on Wednesday, coach Carlo Ancelotti said.
Asked if the former England captain, who made his first appearance as a second-half substitute in the 2-0 home win against OM in Ligue 1 on Sunday, would start at the Parc des Princes, Ancelotti told a news conference on Tuesday: "Yes. In the same (defensive midfielder) role as (Marco) Verratti."
Verratti is suspended for the game.
"(Beckham) is in good condition; he has experience, quality to help us win tomorrow," said Ancelotti. "He can play a whole game."
Beckham, 37, joined as a free agent on January 31.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- No Russia-Ukraine gas deal at EU talks; Moscow queries finances |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin white group results
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Islamic State advances against Yazidis on Iraq's Sinjar mountain |
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports