Telefonica saved 500 mln euros in 2012 by ending phone subsidies
MADRID Feb 28 (Reuters) - Telefonica saved 500 million euros ($655.45 million) in 2012 by ending smartphone subsidies for new customers, Telefonica Europe Chief Executive Eva Castillo said on a conference call on Thursday.
Telefonica was ahead of its peers on removing subsidies and has vowed not to go back on the policy even after rival Vodafone reversed its decision to scrap subsidies in Spain following heavy customer losses.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Golf-U.S. PGA Tour Heritage Classic scores
- At Mt. Gox bitcoin hub, 'geek' CEO sought both control and escape
- South Korea's Park says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Ukraine peace deal falters as rebels show no sign of surrender |
- West African Ebola outbreak caused by new strain of disease: study