Telefonica saved 500 mln euros in 2012 by ending phone subsidies
MADRID Feb 28 (Reuters) - Telefonica saved 500 million euros ($655.45 million) in 2012 by ending smartphone subsidies for new customers, Telefonica Europe Chief Executive Eva Castillo said on a conference call on Thursday.
Telefonica was ahead of its peers on removing subsidies and has vowed not to go back on the policy even after rival Vodafone reversed its decision to scrap subsidies in Spain following heavy customer losses.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hurricane-force winds wreak havoc in Britain, head to Europe
- Air traffic computer fault hits flights from England
- Mexico hospitalizes six suspected of stealing radioactive material
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks |
- Aide to North Korean leader's ousted uncle seeks asylum in South - media