Queen Elizabeth has stomach bug, cancels trip
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain's 86-year-old Queen Elizabeth has cancelled a planned trip to the Welsh city of Swansea because of a stomach upset, Buckingham Palace said on Friday.
"She will be assessed in the coming days but her majesty is currently spending the weekend at Windsor as usual," said a palace spokesman, referring to her official residence.
The spokesman added the monarch, who had been due to attend a military ceremony in the south Wales city on Saturday, was experiencing symptoms of gastroenteritis, an infection of the stomach and bowel caused by bacteria or viruses.
The Queen marked 60 years on the throne last year and remains hugely popular in Britain.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Bodies, black boxes handed over from Ukraine crash site |
- Train with MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine base |
- Britain does U-turn on ex-KGB agent Litvinenko murder inquiry
- Shooting champion withdrawn after jacket goes missing
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |