Tennis-Djokovic seals Dubai title
DUBAI, March 2
DUBAI, March 2 (Reuters) - Novak Djokovic extended his winning streak to 18 matches to claim a fourth Dubai Championships in five years on Saturday, underlining his status as the world's best player after beating Tomas Berdych 7-5 6-3 in the final.
The Serb was ruthless in coming back from a break down in the first set, converting two break points out of three, while Berdych only managed to make one of his four count.
In the second, Djokovic only needed one chance to make the break he needed to go 5-3 up and then serve out the match, a flat forehand into the corner sealing the title.
The 25-year-old is unbeaten since October, did not drop a set in Dubai and he has now won all 13 matches against top 10 opponents since Andy Murray defeated him in last year's U.S. Open final.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Sweden says credible reports of foreign submarine in its waters
- EU's Barroso to Britain - Don't alienate your friends in Europe
- Lufthansa cancels flights due to pilots strike; train stoppage strands millions |
- Tesco accounting probe finds 'inappropriate behaviour' by staff - reports
- Comet makes rare close pass by Mars as spacecraft watch