New Zealand add Wagner to squad for first England test
(Reuters) - Left-arm paceman Neil Wagner has been rewarded with a place in New Zealand's squad for the first test against England after taking six wickets in the ongoing tour match in Queenstown.
The South Africa-born 26-year-old joins a squad of 13 for the March 6 test in Dunedin, New Zealand Cricket said in a statement on Saturday, and could earn his fourth test cap if the hosts elect to field an all-pace attack.
The four-day tour match between a New Zealand XI and England XI finishes later on Saturday.
(Reporting by Ian Ransom in Melbourne; Editing by Frank Pingue)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Putin says Russia not isolated over Ukraine, blames West for frosty ties
- UK troops in largest armoured deployment in Eastern Europe for six years
- India approves $2.6 billion mounted gun purchase - official
- France's Sarkozy wants EU to lose half its powers
- Gasquet to face Federer in Davis Cup singles