STOXX Europe 600 hits highest level since mid-2008
PARIS, March 5
PARIS, March 5 (Reuters) - The broad STOXX Europe 600 benchmark share index hit its highest level since mid-2008 on Tuesday, led by a sharp rally in European banking stocks.
At 0840 GMT, the index was up 1.14 percent at 292.22. It has gained 40 percent since a floor hit in September 2011.
The STOXX Europe 600 Banking Index was among the top gaining sectors, up 1.8 percent, buoyed by gains for Standard Chartered after it posted results.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- UK's Lloyds says case strengthened for re-starting dividends
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |
- Insight - European regulators training sights on Google's mobile software
- Russia wants Apple, SAP to cooperate against foreign spying