STOXX Europe 600 hits highest level since mid-2008
PARIS, March 5
PARIS, March 5 (Reuters) - The broad STOXX Europe 600 benchmark share index hit its highest level since mid-2008 on Tuesday, led by a sharp rally in European banking stocks.
At 0840 GMT, the index was up 1.14 percent at 292.22. It has gained 40 percent since a floor hit in September 2011.
The STOXX Europe 600 Banking Index was among the top gaining sectors, up 1.8 percent, buoyed by gains for Standard Chartered after it posted results.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Merkel asks Putin to explain reports of Russian troops in Ukraine
- Business leaders urge Scots to vote against independence
- U.S. says Russian-directed counteroffensive in Ukraine cities likely underway
- Ukraine seizes another Russian soldier in east of country - Interfax