- Veteran bands Motorhead, Black Sabbath top Metal Hammer Golden Gods
- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- 'Standing man' inspires silent protests in Turkey |
- Brazil protests pose challenge for World Cup organisers
- Golfing in Iceland's midnight sun - lava beds, angry birds, winds
US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Dow climbs above record close on China spending
NEW YORK, March 5 |
NEW YORK, March 5 (Reuters) - U.S. stock rose at the start of trading on Tuesday as the Dow industrials climbed above a record closing high of 14,164.53l, buoyed by China's record spending plans.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 60.29 points, or 0.43 percent, to 14,188.11. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 8.74 points, or 0.57 percent, to 1,533.94. The Nasdaq Composite Index advanced 20.87 points, or 0.66 percent, to 3,202.90.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this