US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Dow climbs above record close on China spending
NEW YORK, March 5
NEW YORK, March 5 (Reuters) - U.S. stock rose at the start of trading on Tuesday as the Dow industrials climbed above a record closing high of 14,164.53l, buoyed by China's record spending plans.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 60.29 points, or 0.43 percent, to 14,188.11. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 8.74 points, or 0.57 percent, to 1,533.94. The Nasdaq Composite Index advanced 20.87 points, or 0.66 percent, to 3,202.90.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco cuts outlook after finding accounting error
- Cameron shifts tack on constitutional shake-up to mollify Scots
- Nationalists push for Irish unity vote after 'inspiring' Scottish referendum
- China shooters disqualified, reinstated, set world record
- Nonplussed Lampard rewrites his Chelsea story with City goal