US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Dow climbs above record close on China spending
NEW YORK, March 5
NEW YORK, March 5 (Reuters) - U.S. stock rose at the start of trading on Tuesday as the Dow industrials climbed above a record closing high of 14,164.53l, buoyed by China's record spending plans.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 60.29 points, or 0.43 percent, to 14,188.11. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 8.74 points, or 0.57 percent, to 1,533.94. The Nasdaq Composite Index advanced 20.87 points, or 0.66 percent, to 3,202.90.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- UPDATE 2-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Britain slams EU budget demand, others see 'molehills'
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- Doctor who worked in Africa first Ebola case in New York City |