Egypt court refers electoral law to Constitutional Court
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egypt's Administrative Court said on Wednesday it had referred the country's amended electoral law to the Supreme Constitutional Court for review.
Earlier, it threw the timetable for lower house parliamentary elections due to start on April 22 into confusion when it ordered the cancellation of President Mohamed Mursi's decree calling the four-stage polls.
(Reporting by Marwa Awad, Writing by David Stamp, Editing by Sylvia Westall)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Putin admits Russian forces were deployed to Crimea
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Ukraine separatists reject diplomatic deal to disarm |
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official