Egypt court refers electoral law to Constitutional Court
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egypt's Administrative Court said on Wednesday it had referred the country's amended electoral law to the Supreme Constitutional Court for review.
Earlier, it threw the timetable for lower house parliamentary elections due to start on April 22 into confusion when it ordered the cancellation of President Mohamed Mursi's decree calling the four-stage polls.
(Reporting by Marwa Awad, Writing by David Stamp, Editing by Sylvia Westall)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Germany's Merkel deals blow to UK on EU migration reform - Sunday Times
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- Belgium chocolate maker ISIS needs to change its name again
- Caterham and Marussia to miss next races - Ecclestone