Competition Commission resumes probe into Ryanair stake in Aer Lingus
DUBLIN (Reuters) - Britain's Competition Commission said on Wednesday it has resumed an investigation into whether Ryanair's (RYA.I) 30 percent stake in rival Irish airline Aer Lingus (AERL.I) distorts competition in the UK market.
The investigation had been put on hold while the European Commission decided whether to block Ryanair's latest attempt at a full takeover of Aer Lingus, which it did last week.
The competition commission, which has the power to force Ryanair to sell its stake, will publish its findings by July 11, it said in a statement.
(Reporting by Conor Humphries; Editing by Greg Mahlich)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Australia, Malaysia vow to keep searching to solve plane mystery
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- Search for MH370 reveals a military vulnerability for China
- Man United act to halt slide as power shifts back to Liverpool