Competition Commission resumes probe into Ryanair stake in Aer Lingus
DUBLIN (Reuters) - Britain's Competition Commission said on Wednesday it has resumed an investigation into whether Ryanair's (RYA.I) 30 percent stake in rival Irish airline Aer Lingus (AERL.I) distorts competition in the UK market.
The investigation had been put on hold while the European Commission decided whether to block Ryanair's latest attempt at a full takeover of Aer Lingus, which it did last week.
The competition commission, which has the power to force Ryanair to sell its stake, will publish its findings by July 11, it said in a statement.
(Reporting by Conor Humphries; Editing by Greg Mahlich)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- UK's Lloyds says case strengthened for re-starting dividends
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |
- Insight - European regulators training sights on Google's mobile software
- Russia wants Apple, SAP to cooperate against foreign spying