Canada says too soon to open big telecoms to foreign investors
OTTAWA, March 7
OTTAWA, March 7 (Reuters) - Canada said on Thursday it was too early to talk about lifting foreign ownership restrictions on large telecommunications firms, and public consultations would have to be held before seriously considering such a move.
"What we understand is that we would have to hold public consultations. We're not there yet," said Industry Minister Christian Paradis, following an announcement on the date and rules for an auction of prized 700 MHz spectrum.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital |
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin red group results
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients