Canada says too soon to open big telecoms to foreign investors
OTTAWA, March 7
OTTAWA, March 7 (Reuters) - Canada said on Thursday it was too early to talk about lifting foreign ownership restrictions on large telecommunications firms, and public consultations would have to be held before seriously considering such a move.
"What we understand is that we would have to hold public consultations. We're not there yet," said Industry Minister Christian Paradis, following an announcement on the date and rules for an auction of prized 700 MHz spectrum.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Libyan militants overrun Benghazi special forces base as chaos deepens
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Subdued investment banking hits Barclays profits |
- More violence in China's Xinjiang, prominent academic indicted