Canada says too soon to open big telecoms to foreign investors
OTTAWA, March 7
OTTAWA, March 7 (Reuters) - Canada said on Thursday it was too early to talk about lifting foreign ownership restrictions on large telecommunications firms, and public consultations would have to be held before seriously considering such a move.
"What we understand is that we would have to hold public consultations. We're not there yet," said Industry Minister Christian Paradis, following an announcement on the date and rules for an auction of prized 700 MHz spectrum.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco cuts profit outlook again and suspends staff after accounting error |
- Qatar will not host 2022 World Cup, says FIFA's Zwanziger
- Echoes of Law in 1974 as City's Lampard shuns celebration
- Cameron shifts tack on constitutional shake-up to mollify Scots
- Siemens agrees to $7.6 billion deal to buy Dresser-Rand