Canada says too soon to open big telecoms to foreign investors
OTTAWA, March 7
OTTAWA, March 7 (Reuters) - Canada said on Thursday it was too early to talk about lifting foreign ownership restrictions on large telecommunications firms, and public consultations would have to be held before seriously considering such a move.
"What we understand is that we would have to hold public consultations. We're not there yet," said Industry Minister Christian Paradis, following an announcement on the date and rules for an auction of prized 700 MHz spectrum.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Dementia epidemic looms with 135 million sufferers seen by 2050
- UK major threw laptop with sensitive Iraq photos from ferry
- Exclusive: Son of former Chinese security chief helping with graft probe - sources
- Wenger hails Bendtner impact
- Cyber experts uncover 2 million stolen passwords to global Web accounts