European shares pare gains as Aviva slump weighs
LONDON, March 7
LONDON, March 7 (Reuters) - A key pan-European equity index pared earlier gains to turn flat on Thursday, with a slump in British insurer Aviva weighing on markets.
The FTSEurofirst 300 index briefly turned negative after having originally opened up by 0.1 percent, and was trading flat at 1,186.79 points by 0837 GMT.
A 12.5 percent fall at Aviva was one of the biggest drags on the index, after the insurer slashed its dividend by over a quarter.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Factbox - Scotland's independence vote: How will the results come?
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Scots vote in independence referendum to seal the United Kingdom's fate
- Australian PM says police raids follow threat of beheading
- Scottish supporters of United Kingdom have 4 percent point lead - YouGov poll