European shares pare gains as Aviva slump weighs
LONDON, March 7
LONDON, March 7 (Reuters) - A key pan-European equity index pared earlier gains to turn flat on Thursday, with a slump in British insurer Aviva weighing on markets.
The FTSEurofirst 300 index briefly turned negative after having originally opened up by 0.1 percent, and was trading flat at 1,186.79 points by 0837 GMT.
A 12.5 percent fall at Aviva was one of the biggest drags on the index, after the insurer slashed its dividend by over a quarter.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles quarterfinals results
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Special Report - How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Mediator heads to east Ukraine, seeking surrenders |