European shares pare gains as Aviva slump weighs
LONDON, March 7
LONDON, March 7 (Reuters) - A key pan-European equity index pared earlier gains to turn flat on Thursday, with a slump in British insurer Aviva weighing on markets.
The FTSEurofirst 300 index briefly turned negative after having originally opened up by 0.1 percent, and was trading flat at 1,186.79 points by 0837 GMT.
A 12.5 percent fall at Aviva was one of the biggest drags on the index, after the insurer slashed its dividend by over a quarter.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Turkish women laugh online to protest deputy PM's remarks
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Glazers to raise $150 million by cutting Manchester United stake
- Shi'ite militia hangs up 15 executed Sunnis in Iraqi square
- Insight - European regulators training sights on Google's mobile software