Hong Kong shares to start up 0.3 pct, China Unicom climbs
HONG KONG, March 8
HONG KONG, March 8 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares are set to start higher on Friday, with China Unicom topping percentage gains among Hang Seng Index components with a 2.4 percent rise.
The Hang Seng Index was set to open up 0.3 percent at 22,839.3. The China Enterprises Index of the leading Chinese listings in Hong Kong was indicated to start up 0.6 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Masked gunmen slay family collecting body at Honduras morgue, kill 9
- U.S. military failed in rescue attempt for journalist Foley
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- UK retail sales growth falls to eight-month low, public finances weak