Tennis-Nadal beats Berdych to reach final
INDIAN WELLS, California, March 16
INDIAN WELLS, California, March 16 (Reuters) - Looking as though he had never been away, Rafa Nadal continued his impressive comeback with a high-quality 6-4 7-5 victory over Tomas Berdych in the semi-finals of the BNP Paribas Open on Saturday.
The Spaniard, who returned to the ATP circuit only last month after seven months on the sidelines with a left knee injury, broke the Czech once to take the opening set, then won a tense second set to improve his record this year to 16-1.
Nadal will next meet either top-seeded Serb Novak Djokovic or Argentina's Juan Martin Del Potro who were playing their semi-final late on Saturday. (Reporting by Mark Lamport-Stokes; Editing by Gene Cherry)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Putin says Russia not isolated over Ukraine, blames West for frosty ties
- UK troops in largest armoured deployment in Eastern Europe for six years
- France's Sarkozy wants EU to lose half its powers
- India approves $2.6 billion mounted gun purchase - official
- Gasquet to face Federer in Davis Cup singles