UK Stocks-Factors to watch on March 19
Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening down by 5 to 12 points, or as much as 0.2 percent lower as uncertainty over Cyprus' bailout plan weighs on sentiment, according to financial bookmakers. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed down 0.5 percent, or 31.73 points lower, at 6,457.92 points on Monday.
* On the macroeconomic front, UK CPI and RPI inflation figures are due to be published at 0930 GMT, while Germany's ZEW economic sentiment indicator is released at 1000 GMT.
* London copper steadied on Tuesday above four-month lows hit in the previous session but investors stayed on the sidelies, wary about a controversial bailout plan for Cyprus, while consumers watched for more opportune levels to buy.
* 3i : British private equity group 3i has received several bids from fellow buyout firms for UK software provider Civica, a source familiar with the matter said on Monday.
* British Prime Minister David Cameron will unveil a new tax break on Tuesday to help working parents with their childcare costs from 2015, the government said, seeking to placate families squeezed by austerity, a stagnant economy and weak wage growth.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
SAINSBURY The British supermarket retailer has a Q4 update.
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * 3000 Xtra : visit* BridgeStation: view story .134(Reporting by Sudip Kar-Gupta)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- EU Commission fines banks 1.7 billion euros for benchmark rigging |
- U.S. court questions Google defense against Oracle over Android
- Cameron defends GSK's business practices in China
- UK major threw laptop with sensitive Iraq photos from ferry
- Ukraine protesters threaten tighter blockade over spurned EU pact |