Euro hits fresh three-month low vs dollar, yen up
NEW YORK, March 19
NEW YORK, March 19 (Reuters) - The euro fell to its lowest in more than three months against the dollar on Tuesday, while the greenback dropped below 95 yen, with traders citing various negative speculation about Cyprus and therefore the broader euro zone.
For instance, traders cited reports from Market News International saying Cyprus's finance minister had submitted his resignation.
The euro fell as low as $1.2874, the lowest since late November, while the dollar hit session lows versus the safe-haven yen at 94.71.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack - sources |
- Exclusive - Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Voters more receptive to UKIP than polls show - study
- El Salvador ex-rebel's lead 'irreversible,' rival wants recount
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source