Personal tax allowance to rise to 10,000 pounds
LONDON (Reuters) - The government will raise the personal tax allowance to 10,000 pounds in 2014-15, a year earlier than expected, Chancellor George Osborne said on Wednesday.
The coalition government had previously pledged to raise the threshold before people starting paying tax on their income to 10,000 pounds before the end of this parliament in 2015.
"Almost three million more of the lowest paid will pay no income tax at all," Osborne told parliament in his budget statement. "It is a historic achievement for this government."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Germany's Merkel deals blow to UK on EU migration reform - Sunday Times
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |
- Caterham and Marussia to miss next races - Ecclestone