Any capital controls in Cyprus to be brief -EU's Barnier
BRUSSELS, March 25
BRUSSELS, March 25 (Reuters) - Any capital controls in Cyprus will not last long, the EU's head of financial regulation said on Monday, saying he expected their approval by the European Parliament later this week.
"This is a restriction on movement that may only last a few days," the EU's Internal Market Commissioner Michel Barnier told a news conference in Brussels.
Such measures would be aimed at containing the problems of Cypriot banks.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Masked gunmen slay family collecting body at Honduras morgue, kill 9
- Obama says beheading "shocked the conscience" of the world |
- Bank of England splits over rate hike for first time in three years
- Look, no hands! Test driving a Google car
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |