Any capital controls in Cyprus to be brief -EU's Barnier
BRUSSELS, March 25
BRUSSELS, March 25 (Reuters) - Any capital controls in Cyprus will not last long, the EU's head of financial regulation said on Monday, saying he expected their approval by the European Parliament later this week.
"This is a restriction on movement that may only last a few days," the EU's Internal Market Commissioner Michel Barnier told a news conference in Brussels.
Such measures would be aimed at containing the problems of Cypriot banks.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- Exclusive - Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Zidane makes mystery man Markkanen his first Madrid signing
- Spain's Swiftair says lost contact with plane en route to Algiers