Losses for big Cypriot bank depositors could be around 40 pct-minister
LONDON, March 26
LONDON, March 26 (Reuters) - Cyprus's Finance Minister Michael Sarris said on Tuesday big depositors in Cypriot banks could lose about 40 percent of their deposits as part of a 10-billion euro international rescue plan.
"It could be in that neighbourhood but I do not want to anticipate it," Sarris told BBC radio, adding the exact figure was yet to be decided. "But what I have seen suggests a number in that neighbourhood."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Factbox - Scotland's independence vote: How will the results come?
- Support for Scottish independence at 46 percent - YouGov poll
- Microsoft lays off 2,100, axes Silicon Valley research