Swiss Life shares rise on bid speculation -traders
LONDON (Reuters) - Shares in Swiss Life (SLHN.VX) add 2.3 percent in heavy volume, the top gainer in the European insurance sector .SXIP on Tuesday, with traders citing speculation of a possible bid from Germany's Allianz (ALVG.DE).
"Allianz interested in Swiss Life - old rumour being rehashed in Switzerland it seems," said a Paris-based equity trader.
Allianz and Swiss Life both declined to comment.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp |
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough |
- UPDATE 10-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Total CEO Christophe de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman
- Swedish 'Cold War' thriller exposes Baltic Sea nerves over Russia