Swiss Life shares rise on bid speculation -traders
LONDON (Reuters) - Shares in Swiss Life (SLHN.VX) add 2.3 percent in heavy volume, the top gainer in the European insurance sector .SXIP on Tuesday, with traders citing speculation of a possible bid from Germany's Allianz (ALVG.DE).
"Allianz interested in Swiss Life - old rumour being rehashed in Switzerland it seems," said a Paris-based equity trader.
Allianz and Swiss Life both declined to comment.
(Reporting By Andrea Lentz, Blaise Robinson, Jonathan Gould and Paul Arnold; Writing By Toni Vorobyova)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missouri mom charged for topless hot tub photo with teen daughter
- News of the World hacked phones of Prince William's wife, brother - court
- Special Report - Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion