Swiss Life shares rise on bid speculation -traders
LONDON (Reuters) - Shares in Swiss Life (SLHN.VX) add 2.3 percent in heavy volume, the top gainer in the European insurance sector .SXIP on Tuesday, with traders citing speculation of a possible bid from Germany's Allianz (ALVG.DE).
"Allianz interested in Swiss Life - old rumour being rehashed in Switzerland it seems," said a Paris-based equity trader.
Allianz and Swiss Life both declined to comment.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- CORRECTED-WRAPUP 1-Malaysia Airlines denies crash report, says plane still missing
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- UPDATE 3-Boeing reports wing cracks on 787 Dreamliners in production