Swiss Life shares rise on bid speculation -traders
LONDON (Reuters) - Shares in Swiss Life (SLHN.VX) add 2.3 percent in heavy volume, the top gainer in the European insurance sector .SXIP on Tuesday, with traders citing speculation of a possible bid from Germany's Allianz (ALVG.DE).
"Allianz interested in Swiss Life - old rumour being rehashed in Switzerland it seems," said a Paris-based equity trader.
Allianz and Swiss Life both declined to comment.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- Nigeria isolates hospital in Lagos as Obama briefed on Ebola outbreak
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |