Swiss Life shares rise on bid speculation -traders
LONDON (Reuters) - Shares in Swiss Life (SLHN.VX) add 2.3 percent in heavy volume, the top gainer in the European insurance sector .SXIP on Tuesday, with traders citing speculation of a possible bid from Germany's Allianz (ALVG.DE).
"Allianz interested in Swiss Life - old rumour being rehashed in Switzerland it seems," said a Paris-based equity trader.
Allianz and Swiss Life both declined to comment.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Putin admits Russian forces were deployed to Crimea
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Ukraine separatists reject diplomatic deal to disarm |
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official