Swiss Life shares rise on bid speculation -traders
LONDON (Reuters) - Shares in Swiss Life (SLHN.VX) add 2.3 percent in heavy volume, the top gainer in the European insurance sector .SXIP on Tuesday, with traders citing speculation of a possible bid from Germany's Allianz (ALVG.DE).
"Allianz interested in Swiss Life - old rumour being rehashed in Switzerland it seems," said a Paris-based equity trader.
Allianz and Swiss Life both declined to comment.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-U.S. Open women's singles round 4 results
- Polls say Scotland will spurn independence, but are they right?
- Putin calls for talks on east Ukraine 'statehood'; rebels fire on ship |
- Zimbabwe prove potential with shock win over Australia
- Golf-U.S. PGA Tour Deutsche Bank Championship scores