Tennis-Williams gets record sixth Miami title
MIAMI, March 30
MIAMI, March 30 (Reuters) - Serena Williams fought back from a set down to beat Maria Sharapova 4-6 6-3 6-0 and win the Sony Open for a record sixth time on Saturday.
The world number one becomes only the fourth woman in the Open era to win the same WTA tournament six times joining Martina Navratilova, Chris Evert and Steffi Graf.
(Reporting By Simon Evans, editing by Gene Cherry)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Polls say Scotland will spurn independence, but are they right?
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'open aggression' as rebels advance |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-U.S. Open women's singles round 4 results
- Australia unveils fresh sanctions against Russia over Ukraine
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |