Tennis-Williams gets record sixth Miami title
MIAMI, March 30
MIAMI, March 30 (Reuters) - Serena Williams fought back from a set down to beat Maria Sharapova 4-6 6-3 6-0 and win the Sony Open for a record sixth time on Saturday.
The world number one becomes only the fourth woman in the Open era to win the same WTA tournament six times joining Martina Navratilova, Chris Evert and Steffi Graf.
(Reporting By Simon Evans, editing by Gene Cherry)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- No Russia-Ukraine gas deal at EU talks; Moscow queries finances |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin white group results
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Singer Kesha denied drug, sex claims against producer three years ago
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports