Tennis-Williams gets record sixth Miami title
MIAMI, March 30
MIAMI, March 30 (Reuters) - Serena Williams fought back from a set down to beat Maria Sharapova 4-6 6-3 6-0 and win the Sony Open for a record sixth time on Saturday.
The world number one becomes only the fourth woman in the Open era to win the same WTA tournament six times joining Martina Navratilova, Chris Evert and Steffi Graf.
(Reporting By Simon Evans, editing by Gene Cherry)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Masked gunmen slay family collecting body at Honduras morgue, kill 9
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- UK launches hunt for man with British accent on beheading video |
- Insight - Ukraine rebel movement faces uncertain future
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |