Tennis-Williams gets record sixth Miami title
MIAMI, March 30
MIAMI, March 30 (Reuters) - Serena Williams fought back from a set down to beat Maria Sharapova 4-6 6-3 6-0 and win the Sony Open for a record sixth time on Saturday.
The world number one becomes only the fourth woman in the Open era to win the same WTA tournament six times joining Martina Navratilova, Chris Evert and Steffi Graf.
(Reporting By Simon Evans, editing by Gene Cherry)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Thousands of South Africans queue to see Mandela lie in state |
- FCA fines Lloyds record 28 million pounds for pushing sales
- Boxing champ Klitschko faces ban on running for Ukraine presidency
- Boos, jeers humiliate South Africa's Zuma at Mandela memorial
- Ukrainian riot police withdraw after overnight move on demonstrators