Tennis-Murray goes to number two with Miami tie-break win over Ferrer
MIAMI, March 31
MIAMI, March 31 (Reuters) - Britain's Andy Murray defeated Spain's David Ferrer 2-6 6-4 7-6 to win the Sony Open on Sunday and move above Roger Federer to second in the world rankings.
Murray was far from at his best against a dogged Ferrer but won the tie-break comfortably 7-1. (Reporting By Simon Evans, editing by Gene Cherry)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise budget
- Britain slams EU budget demand, others see 'molehills'
- UPDATE 2-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Stellar Lamela produces goal of the season, word of the day