Tennis-Murray goes to number two with Miami tie-break win over Ferrer
MIAMI, March 31
MIAMI, March 31 (Reuters) - Britain's Andy Murray defeated Spain's David Ferrer 2-6 6-4 7-6 to win the Sony Open on Sunday and move above Roger Federer to second in the world rankings.
Murray was far from at his best against a dogged Ferrer but won the tie-break comfortably 7-1. (Reporting By Simon Evans, editing by Gene Cherry)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Yazidis haunted by cries for help as militants bury victims alive
- Analysis - Financial market storm brewing as 2014 winds down
- Tesco's 250-million-pound black hole: Who was minding the shop?
- Hong Kong warns democracy protesters of firm response |
- Bank of England backs flagship government mortgage guarantee scheme