Tennis-Murray goes to number two with Miami tie-break win over Ferrer
MIAMI, March 31
MIAMI, March 31 (Reuters) - Britain's Andy Murray defeated Spain's David Ferrer 2-6 6-4 7-6 to win the Sony Open on Sunday and move above Roger Federer to second in the world rankings.
Murray was far from at his best against a dogged Ferrer but won the tie-break comfortably 7-1. (Reporting By Simon Evans, editing by Gene Cherry)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Factbox - Scotland's independence vote: How will the results come?
- Scottish supporters of United Kingdom have 4 percent point lead - YouGov poll
- Silent Europe aghast at possible breakup of Britain
- Russia, Egypt seal preliminary arms deal worth $3.5 billion - agency